A Roseburg man who was 33 when he supplied alcohol to a 15-year-old girl and then had sex with her was sentenced to probation and a lifetime label of “sex offender.” Matthew Evan Johnson, 34, pleaded guilty to third-degree sexual abuse and four counts of furnishing alcohol to a minor after Douglas County Circuit Judge Ronald Poole refused to accept a no-contest plea. Poole said he would never accept a no-contest plea to sexual abuse because sex offenders are often asked to admit the facts of their criminal history during treatment. In a no-contest plea, the defendant does not admit …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees