The Roseburg High softball team has compiled 39 hits and 32 runs during its current four-game win streak. Can the Indians keep it going with the bats during the final month of the season? Despite leaving 10 runners on base, Roseburg made plenty of quality swings in a 5-0 nonleague win over Eagle Point on Tuesday at Stewart Park. Senior shortstop Megan Larkin went 2-for-3 — highlighted by a two-run homer to centerfield in the fourth inning — to lead the Indians (9-3 overall), who finished with nine hits. Makinna Akers was 2-for-4 with an RBI and Allyssa Hunt contributed …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees