RIDDLE — The Big Fir League baseball race just got more interesting on Wednesday. Oakland scored 10 runs over the final two innings and handed Riddle a 13-1 District 4 loss, moving into a tie with the Irish and Umpqua Valley Christian for first place. Ryan Comstock pitched a five-hitter for the Oakers (7-1, 5-1 BFL), striking out 13 and walking five. Oakland scored three times in the top of the first and never trailed. Jordan Bailey had a pair of hits for the Oakers. “I tip my hat to them,” Riddle coach Jim Titus said of the Oakers. “(Ryan) …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees