The members of Oakland Economic Development are looking forward to great spring and summer seasons. Because Oakland is “a little” off Interstate 5 we are always looking for ways to get traffic off the freeway and into our town. Once travelers arrive, their comments indicate the detour is well worth it. We offer a variety of shopping experiences along with our historic buildings. More than 90 historic structures and locations are presented on our Walking Tour Map. Since Oakland is small, it is truly a walking tour. On a pleasant day the walk through Oakland takes one back to slower, …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees