GLENDALE — Friday’s matchup between the top softball teams in District 2, the Glendale Pirates and Yoncalla Eagles, was even tidier than expected. It took 1 hour, 10 minutes for them to get on and off the field. And it took just one swing for the Pirates to dispense the the Eagles their first loss. The swing belonged to Lacey Davis, Glendale’s freshman third baseman, and the result was a hit that dropped down the rightfield line to plate Kaitlin Henry and Lizbeth Silva in the bottom of the sixth, ultimately giving the Pirates a 3-2 win. The Eagles (13-3 …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees