Sheila Lawrence, who’s volunteered in Roseburg Schools for the past 11 years, is challenging incumbent Roseburg School Board member Daniel Endicott for Position 2. Lawrence, 71, a retired magazine editor and published fiction author, said the time she’s spent helping out in elementary school classrooms with the Foster Grandparent program inspired her to run for school board. “I think we need new voices in the school system. I want to make it better than it is,” she said. “I’m there every day so I see how it is. I think curriculum needs to be revamped. I think there’s a lot …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees