The Reedsport/Winchester Bay Chamber of Commerce is enjoying a terrific year. We just wrapped up our Oregon Divisional Chainsaw Sculpting Championship event over Father’s Day Weekend. This was year 14 for the popular festival. We had the best attendance ever, with more than 5,000 visitors coming through the admission gate. We were very pleased to see so many unfamiliar faces in the crowd. One person said, “We just doubled the size of our town in one day!” and he was right. The festival brings carvers from around the world and it’s fascinating to go to the carving site every day …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees