Summer is well under way, and Mother Nature is treating us to some fine touring weather. A day trip along the Umpqua River Scenic Byway will showcase the lower Umpqua River and the small towns and features that border it. Beginning the tour in Oakland, then through Sutherlin, Kellogg, Elkton, Scottsburg, Loon Lake, Dean Creek Elk Viewing Area and finally Reedsport will result in a day well spent. The trip back offers a new perspective on the river and the byway, ending in Oakland for a shopping excursion or a delightful meal. Oakland Economic Development has taken an active role …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees