Elkton Community Education Center will host Fort Umpqua Days Aug. 31 and Sept. 1 with The Wild West-themed celebration throughout the city and at ECEC grounds just west of Elkton on Highway 38. Admission is free as is parking for cars and RVs. Mannerly pets on leashes are welcome everywhere except in the butterfly house and food areas. The two days of family-friendly fun will feature a historical flair honoring Elkton’s colorful history. “This is the pageant’s 10th anniversary, and I am excited to invite everyone to join us,” director Margo Johnson said. Saturday’s special events will start with the …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees