Editor’s Note: The following is the 18th in a monthly series — Homegrown: Made in Douglas County — that appears on The News-Review Business page. Profiles of companies with roots deep in Douglas County will be featured in this series. To suggest a company, email business reporter Craig Reed at email@example.com. COMPANY: LaBrie Ranch & Seed LOCATION: Property in the Garden Valley and Umpqua areas HISTORY: Back in 1861, Ferdinand LaBrie migrated from Canada, purchased 160 acres near the Umpqua River in what is now the Garden Valley area and planted wheat. Five generations have followed LaBrie in owning and …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees