A Roseburg police officer Wednesday reported recognizing a man that he knew had a suspended license driving on Interstate 5, leading to the arrest of the driver and two passengers. Rick J. Eveland, 54, was driving a 2006 Ford F-250 north around 10:30 a.m. when the officer tried to pull him over, police said. Eveland drove for about a mile, took Exit 127 and stopped in a parking lot in the 3000 block of Aviation Drive. Eveland was cited on suspicion of failing to yield to an emergency vehicle and driving with a suspended license. One passenger, Christina Colleen Jennings, …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees