An unusually strong early fall storm caused traffic problems and power outages Saturday and was expected to increase in strength overnight and bring a second round of rain and wind this afternoon. The remnants of Typhoon Paduk arrived Saturday in Douglas County, bringing rain and strong winds. A wind gust of 29 mph was recorded at the Roseburg Regional Airport shortly before 2 p.m. Rains were increasing late Saturday at the Roseburg Regional Airport. A total of .06 inches of a rain fell between 8 and 9 p.m. and another .11 inches fell between 9 and 10 p.m. Winds were …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees