A 49-year-old Roseburg man was struck by a vehicle in the 2000 block of Northeast Stephens Street at about 2:35 p.m. today and suffered life-threatening injuries, police said. Police said they wanted to notify next of kin before releasing the name because of the severity of his injuries. The pedestrian was walking across Stephens from east to west, police said. One southbound vehicle stopped for the man, but a southbound vehicle in the lane closest to the curb continued and hit the pedestrian. Police identified the driver as Zachary Terrell, 47, of Umpqua. The pedestrian was taken by ambulance to …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees