Gordon and Nancy Thomas saw a niche in southern Douglas County and decided to fill it with their own small business. The couple, who live in Riddle, opened Pets & More in mid-August at 841 S. Main St. in Myrtle Creek, next to the Subway shop in the Valley View Shopping Plaza. “We felt there was a need for a specialty store like this in South County,” Gordon Thomas said. Pets & More is leasing 1,200 square feet, and Gordon Thomas said it is crammed with pet foods, toys and supplies, and also live pets and reptiles. There is also …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees