A former Douglas County Democratic Party secretary confirmed Wednesday he will run as an independent for the House District 7 seat that Winchester Republican Bruce Hanna will give up next year. Patrick Starnes, a former Lookingglass resident who now lives in McKenzie Bridge east of Eugene, said he will formally announce his candidacy at a press conference at 11 a.m. Friday in the Umpqua Community College student union building. A cabinetmaker and former member of the Douglas Education Service District Board, Starnes ran unsuccessfully for Douglas County commissioner against Susan Morgan in 2008. Meanwhile, an Oakland Republican who tweeted last …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees