These logs are the highlights of initial emergency calls and reports to the Douglas County Dispatch Center. They do not represent all the incidents or their final outcomes. POLICE LOG Friday Douglas County sheriff 2:40 a.m. — The caller heard about six shots from possibly a rifle over the past 10 minutes in the 22000 block of North Umpqua Highway in Glide. 4:18 a.m. — Theft of mail in the 400 block of Forest View Lane in Roseburg. The caller saw a flashlight in the area as he pulled up. 5:01 a.m. — Theft of purse caught on tape in …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees