A Roseburg man was arrested Tuesday after officers found homemade explosives in the vehicle he was driving, police said. A Roseburg officer pulled over Charles Steven Keeney, 56, in the 2500 block of Northeast Stephens shortly after 8 p.m. for a traffic violation. Police reported finding several homemade explosives made out of shotgun shells. The Oregon State Police bomb squad was called to remove the shells. Police Sgt. Aaron Dunbar said the devices could have been ignited by being thrown against the ground. Dunbar said it’s not yet clear what Keeney intended to do with the explosives, but it was …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees