MYRTLE CREEK — A heavily dressed gunman robbed a U.S. Bank branch on New Year’s Eve of an undisclosed amount of money, Myrtle Creek police said. The man walked into the bank at 105 N. Main St. shortly before 5 p.m. and showed a teller a firearm and a note demanding money, police said. Myrtle Creek police, Douglas County sheriff’s deputies and Roseburg police responded to the scene, but did not find the man. The robber was described as white; 30 to 40 years old; 5 feet, 11 inches to 6 feet, 1 inch tall and 165 to 200 pounds. …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees