A traffic stop led to the seizing of five pounds of heroin worth an estimated $150,000, according to Myrtle Creek police. Police pulled over a northbound 2007 Nissan Maxima driven by Luis Alfredo Barajas, 26, of San Jacinto, Calif., at about 2 p.m. Tuesday on Interstate 5 near Milepost 111. Police searched the vehicle and reported finding the heroin wrapped in plastic. Barajas was being held today in the Douglas County Jail on suspicion of possessing and distributing heroin. He was being held as a convicted felon and was not eligible for bail. …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees