A four-day jury trial for a Roseburg woman accused of attempting to murder her partner during a domestic dispute was set Monday for June. Linda Anne Bond, 59, is being held at Douglas County Jail in lieu of $500,000 bail. She’s charged with first-degree assault and attempted murder and accused of shooting her live-in boyfriend, Brian Claude Thacker, in the chest with a .38-caliber revolver on June 1. Police say officers arrived at the couple’s home on Northeast Taylor Street and found Thacker lying in a flower bed. Neighbors reported seeing the couple arguing. Her trial was set for June …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees