A state trooper in an Oregon State Police parking lot in Roseburg heard a car alarm and caught a man breaking into vehicles at a nearby repair shop late Tuesday. Police say that by about 11:30 p.m., Edmond Frank Fabianek, 30, had already broken into 16 cars when Trooper Brian Jewell saw a motion detector light turn on and heard crashes coming from Walker Bros. Auto Repair, 1225 N.E. Stephens St. He then heard a car alarm and saw a vehicle’s lights flashing. Jewell was on a 30-minute lunch break at the time, working on his patrol car in the …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees