A woman who police believe caused the crash that killed a Myrtle Creek woman near Corvallis last year has been arrested and charged with manslaughter. Valorie K. Carrigan, 36, of Blodgett was taken by police from her home Wednesday following a state police investigation into the Sept. 5 accident that claimed the life of Oregon State University senior Chelsea Duffy, 22. Another driver was seriously injured. A grand jury indicted Carrigan on Wednesday morning. She was taken to the Linn County Jail and charged with four felonies: first-degree manslaughter, second-degree assault and two counts of failing to perform the duties …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees