CENTRAL POINT — The Crater High boys basketball team dished out a little payback Tuesday for its crushing loss earlier this season in Roseburg. Connor Lane rebounded teammate RJ Morgan’s missed 3-pointer in the closing moments and powered it in with one second to spare, giving the Comets a 57-55 win over the Indians in Southern Oregon Hybrid action. Lane, a 6-foot-7 junior, racked up game-highs of 22 points and 13 rebounds. On Jan. 7, he watched as Andrew Weber scored at the hoop with 3.8 seconds left to make the Indians 49-47 winners at Robertson Memorial Gym. This time, …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees