A woman’s purse was stolen from her unlocked car Friday afternoon around 1:30 at Upper Hartley Park in the 700 block of Southwest Sixth Avenue, Sutherlin Police Chief Kirk Sanfilippo said today. The victim reported the theft to police around 7:30 p.m., he said. Sanfilippo said the woman canvassed the area and found the discarded purse on a nearby path. She reported $30 and prescription medication missing, he said. He said the department does not have information to follow up on because there were no witnesses. …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees