GRANTS PASS — For the second time this season, the Roseburg High boys basketball team survived a scare at Grants Pass. The way the Cavemen have been playing lately, the Indians don’t see that as a bad thing. Brian Luther had the chance to give the Cavemen a lead with 3.1 seconds left, but missed the front end of a 1-and-1 at the free-throw line and the Indians escaped with a 55-52 win on Tuesday at Heater-Newman Gym. Junior guard Carson Reid, who scored a team-high 15 points for Roseburg (15-5 overall, 6-3 Southern Oregon), grabbed Luther’s miss and put …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees