Responsible gun limits needed An armed citizenry is not a “well regulated militia.” Case #1: A troubled teen at Pitchford Boys Ranch steals a pickup and takes a friend for a ride. The pickup owner shoots the youth and reclaims his property. Justice is done. The News-Review reports this death on the second page. No further action is reported. Case #2: A teenage boy who just finished his “hunting gun training” shows off his new skills to a sibling. The gun misfires and he dies. Case #3: An intruder enters the bedroom of an adult male who has a pistol …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees