A Lookingglass man on trial for murdering a 2-year-old boy acknowledged to a detective that he was angry with the toddler and caused his fatal head injuries, according to a taped interview played Wednesday in Douglas County Circuit Court. “You got angry with the kid and overreacted and caused his injury. Do you agree with that?” Douglas County sheriff’s Detective Angie Borigo asked Mark Allen Vanderhoof. “Yes, ma’am,” Vanderhoof replied. Vanderhoof, 53, has pleaded not guilty to murder and murder by abuse in the 2011 death of Dennis Young, the son of Vanderhoof’s then-girlfriend. On the second day of trial, …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees