Age 93, of Sutherlin, Oregon, passed away Monday, March 4, 2013, at her home. She was born August 1, 1919, in Calgary, Alberta, Canada, to John and Edith Young. Arlene lived in Calabasas, California, Mtn. View, California and Seattle, Washington, prior to moving to Sutherlin in 1998. She enjoyed snow skiing, traveling in their motor home and most of all she enjoyed being with her children. Arlene was a member of the Seventh-Day Adventist Church in Sutherlin. Survivors include her husband, of 77 years Melvin Horsmann; daughters: Myrna Solmi and her husband Gary; Rae Johnson and her husband Park; six …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees