A man who police say was intoxicated when he caused a fatal wrong-way collision on Interstate 5 earlier this month appeared before a Douglas County Circuit Court judge to plead not guilty to manslaughter and drunken driving. Wearing a jail-issued yellow jumpsuit and a bright green cast on his lower left leg, Joshua Davis, 27, rolled his wheelchair into Judge William Marshall’s courtroom today. He’s charged with manslaughter, driving under the influence and recklessly endangering another person for causing the accident that killed Oakland millwright Victor Anderson, 44, in the early hours of March 3. Davis has waived his right …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees