WINSTON — Sadie Birch hit the first home run at the new Douglas softball diamond Thursday, and it was a big one. Birch’s grand slam highlighted an 11-run outburst in the third inning as the Trojans whipped Coquille 13-0 in five innings in a nonleague game. Birch finished 3-for-4 with five RBIs in the contest. Justine Bringhurst went 2-for-3 for Douglas (2-1). Anna Dupper and Brittany Deaver combined on a two-hitter, striking out nine. Coquille 000 00 — 0 2 3 Douglas 11(11) 0x — 13 6 0 Howard and Edgar; A. Dupper, Deaver (4) and M. Dupper. WP — A. Dupper. LP — Howard. HR — Birch (D). 2B — Johnson …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees