A Roseburg car dealer has agreed to buy 4.7 acres from Douglas County for $1.25 million and move from its cramped downtown lot to spacious grounds in north Roseburg. As an incentive to expand, the county will reward Roseburg Honda with $10,000 for each new job that pays at least $51,075 in wages and benefits. “We want them to stay here and create good, stable jobs in the community,” Commissioner Susan Morgan said. “It’s an encouraging sign that they’re willing to buy the property, build a new building and hire more people.” Roseburg Honda General Manager Dan Woodruff said Wednesday …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees