A Winchester woman who fell and was hit by a vehicle while crossing Madrone Street at Harvard Avenue was in serious condition this morning at Mercy Medical Center in Roseburg, officials said. Kathy Louise Miller, 60, was crossing the street shortly before noon Tuesday when she fell in front of a pickup stopped at a traffic light, Roseburg police Sgt. Jeff Eichenbusch said. The driver of the pickup, Garnie Elizabeth Mullen, 67, of Roseburg, reportedly had seen Miller waiting to cross, then looked away to check traffic and started forward. Police said the pickup pushed Miller “slightly” and stopped. Mullen …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees