OAKLAND — Oakland senior wing Brooke Spencer, who led the Oakers to a fourth-place finish in the Class 2A state basketball tournament in Pendleton, was named to the all-state first team. Spencer was joined on the first team by sophomore Keesha Sarman of Union, juniors Jessie Morris and Beth Lorenz of Regis, freshman Emma Gibb of Western Mennonite and senior Marta Stangel of Enterprise. Sarman was named Player of the Year, while Jeff Koehnke of Regis was Coach of the Year. “I got second team last year, so it feels good to improve on that,” Spencer said. “It was definitely …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees