A Roseburg man was in custody today on suspicion of stealing six chain saws from a building supply store. Allan Jack Matthew Hay-Chapman, 27, was arrested Saturday morning by Roseburg police. Police suspect the thefts occurred over three days this month at Lowe’s on Northwest Aviation Drive. He was booked into the Douglas County Jail and held in lieu of $50,000 bail. …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees