A Winston man was arrested Monday on suspicion of sexually abusing a minor several years ago, the Douglas County Sheriff’s Office said today. Clifford Miller, 56, was arrested on suspicion of first- and second-degree sexual abuse, officials said. The alleged victim is a 17-year-old female who was known to the suspect, officials said. The alleged abuse was recently disclosed and was reported to authorities Monday. There are no other known victims, authorities said. Miller was booked into the Douglas County Jail and was in custody today in lieu of $300,000 bail. …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees