Oregon State Police are asking for the public’s help in identifying a truck driver who hit a man walking along Interstate 5 south of Roseburg early Thursday and left the scene without stopping. Gabriel Ryan Johnson, 31, was taken to Mercy Medical Center in Roseburg and transferred to Sacred Heart Medical Center at RiverBend in Springfield. He was in serious condition today, a hospital spokeswoman said. Johnson was walking on the southbound shoulder near Milepost 116 between 2 and 3 a.m. when he was hit, troopers said. Police suspect a commercial truck pulling a semi-trailer struck Johnson and then hit …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees