A Graham, Wash., man was sentenced Tuesday to 25 years in prison for sexually assaulting a 7-year-old girl in 2009 in Douglas County, a crime he continues to adamantly deny. David Hugh Loeck, who turned 68 on Saturday, was convicted of first-degree rape, first-degree sodomy and first-degree sex abuse by a Circuit Court jury on May 10, 2012. His sentencing had been delayed while the court ruled on pre-sentencing motions filed by the defense. On Tuesday, he went before Judge William Marshall and pleaded his innocence one more time. “I didn’t do this. I’m telling you, you must know I …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees