GREEN — A Roseburg woman who was walking along Highway 99 South ran into traffic and was hit by two cars and died at the scene late Wednesday, the Douglas County Sheriff’s Office said today. Billie Joan Reed, 37, was walking north on the southbound side of the highway in the 3800 block around 10 p.m. when she ran across the northbound lane. She was hit by a northbound Saturn driven by Phillip Wright, 32, of Roseburg. A second vehicle, driven by Sunshine Taxi driver Brian Allen Cunningham, 51, of Roseburg then struck Reed as she lay in the road, …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees