An early morning thunder storm that originated in northern California and brought 200 strikes of lightning to Douglas County ignited eight fires in the Umpqua
Eight fires alight in the Umpqua National Forest; largest is 20 acres
Trending in: Crime
- Police log: Men with ski masks and shotguns involved in robbery
- Police log: Caller checks whether her 18-year-old son could date a 16-year-old
- Q&A with John Hanlin: 'I can't deny the fact that it was pretty overwhelming'
- Roseburg City Council tables med-ed building proposal once again
- Remembering John Forrester: A husband, a friend and a champion