A small grass fire likely started by sun glinting off lawn mowers burned between 300 and 400 feet of grass in the 2100 block of Doerner Road Thursday afternoon, Douglas County Fire District No. 2 Fire Marshal Josep Pedrola said. The blaze started around 1:15 p.m. on a grassy patch around a group of lawn mowers, Pedrola said. “It burned a little bit of brush and some grass around trees,” he said. He said a black column of smoke could be seen from a distance, and officials thought the blaze could be larger than it was. Two engines, a water …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees