A Roseburg man who was struck by a vehicle late Tuesday on Lookingglass Road has improved to fair condition, a Oregon Health & Science University spokesman said today. Shawnacy E. Hyatt, 37, was walking south with Amanda S. Bell, 24, of Myrtle Creek, when the two were hit by a southbound car driven by Shawn Everett Lowry, 32, of Roseburg. Bell died of her injuries. Hyatt was flown to OHSU in Portland and admitted in critical condition. Lowry was not injured. Roseburg police and Oregon State Police are investigating the accident. Police have not released details about the accident. No …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees