A Myrtle Creek woman who stabbed her live-in boyfriend vowed in court to turn her life around and was sentenced to nearly three years in prison. “I’m going to utilize what I learn and use every bit of it,” Lonni Jane Baltzley told Circuit Court Judge Ronald Poole. “I’ll learn how to pick my friends more wisely.” Poole responded that some mistakes are more serious than others, and this was a pretty serious one. “That’s what it’s all about, learning from the mistakes you make,” he said. Baltzley, 51, pleaded guilty to first-degree attempted assault. The victim, 49-year-old Eric Bruce …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees