The Douglas Complex, burning 48,679 acres north of Glendale, is now 90 percent contained. Fire officials expect the blaze to be contained by Sunday. The fire has cost approximately $51.7 million to fight. Whiskey Complex spokeswoman Kathryn Price said remaining crews are continuing mop up and suppression of minor hot spots on the fire area east of Tiller today. The blaze was contained Saturday. …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees