Brad Jones of Green has two 12-inch rods in his back and a device in his spine where a disc burst and no longer exists. A stiff brace wrapped around his middle serves as a reminder of his injuries, which included a back broken in five places. “This accident has affected our lives more than you will ever know,” Jones, 50, said. “It’s affected us right down to the bone.” Jones and his wife, Kyra, 43, were involved in a motorcycle crash Memorial Day weekend in south-central Oregon. Aside from the daily physical pain the couple bear, they are also …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees