John Allen was on a mission Saturday morning to find Christmas presents at Roseburg’s Antiques and Collectibles Sale. He pulled a cube-size container, small enough to fit into the palm of his hand, from the front pocket of his shirt and held it up. “I am looking for these. My daughter collects them,” the Myrtle Creek resident said as he visited booths in the Conference Hall at the Douglas County Fairgrounds. He described the item as a “salts,” a container he said people decades ago and even in the 19th Century used to hold salt. “Years ago people thought it …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees