Two Roseburg men were stopped by police after racing motorcycles on Diamond Lake Boulevard on Oct. 11, Roseburg police said today. Edward Robert Halkyard, 61, and Glen Franklin Hedberg, 50, were both going more than 85 mph when they were spotted by a police officer at about noon, officials said. When an officer tried to pull them over, Hedberg reportedly stopped his 1987 Chevrolet Nova, but Halkyard accelerated his 2003 Harley Davidson and turned onto Douglas Avenue. Halkyard was found hiding behind a building in the 4300 block of Douglas Avenue. He showed signs of impairment when an officer approached …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees