Dirty boots go walkabout December 22 around 3:30 p.m. while cooking dinner, I happened to look out the window to the street. A young woman was dashing to a car with the engine running. She had a plastic bag that had been on my porch! She got in the car and sped away. I tried to get the license number but couldn’t, then called the Roseburg Police Department. Inside the bag were two pairs of dirty rain boots from our family adventure in the woods earlier that day. I’d left them on the front porch until I had time to …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees