Comparison of annual deficits With all due respect to those who believe the trillion dollar deficits of President Obama are not a tragedy for our country, let me offer a few numbers and thoughts. The average annual federal outlay under President Bush from 2002 to 2008 was $2.47 trillion. Under Obama from 2010 to 2012, that figure has risen to $3.62 trillion, an increase of 46.5 percent. (All figures come from Obama’s Office of Management and Budget, as published in the 2013 World Almanac.) G.W. Bush’s average annual deficit during this period was $305 billion. This compares to $1,307 billion …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees