A 52-year-old transient was arrested Monday afternoon after he was allegedly caught huffing a can of starting fluid on the railroad tracks in the 600 Block of Southeast Spruce Street, according to Roseburg police. Rex Eligio Tanberg was found huffing in the Central Oregon and Pacific Railroad rail yard around 4:45 p.m., police said. He resisted being taken into custody, but was detained. He has been barred from the rail yard multiple times, police said. He was booked into the Douglas County Jail on suspicion of criminal trespassing, unlawful possession of inhalants and resisting arrest. He was held today in …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees