OAKRIDGE — With the Big Fir League schedule set to be in full swing starting Tuesday, nonleague play has made an impending arms race look inevitable. If so, the Riddle High baseball team may be able to hang with anyone. The Irish pitching staff was impressive again on Friday, allowing just two hits in a 5-1 win against Oakridge. Erik Rogers started and pitched four innings for the win, which helped the Irish (6-1 overall) jump to No. 3 in the OSAA Class 2A/1A power rankings. AJ Davis was equally strong in relief, tossing three innings of no-hit ball with …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees